Monday, September 6, 2010

Blondie's Video Taping

Sept 27th, 1979

I won these tickets from WPIX to go & be on Top of the Pops where Blondie was being filmed for some of their videos. It was all so random. I was at my friend's house and we had on the radio and they announced they were giving away free tickets. I could not believe it so I called and won. When we got there, the line was so long to get in and I don't even think you needed tickets. I saw the Student Teachers there also.

The whole thing was so monotonous. As much as I love Blondie, I only stayed for half of it which was hours. They did each song at least 5 times and it took so long because the band was so f*ck'ed up and they were doing all kinds of other songs and really goofing off. I spoke to Nigel alot there and he was so sweet.

After we left we went to Max's. They had some crap they were saluting in NYC. Wayne County played but we didn't even stay long enough. I had heard that Billy had come but he didn't want to come upstairs. But then later on we were hanging out with some kid Charlie outside and Billy came by. Boy has he changed. All he cared about was finding something to get high on and then as soon as he found it, he took off. I feel as if I do not even know him anymore. I don't think I even want to go to anymore Blessed shows. Max's just got me so sick last night. It was so boring. I guess it is time to find something a bit more exciting to do.

I found out that MaryAnn was really f*cking me over so I wrote her a letter telling her off. I have a feeling she called Billy and told him. I can see the 2 of them becoming best friends because of their new common interests and I will probably be treated like such crap. Just let her say one thing to Billy about me or if she turns him against me in any way, I will f*ck her over with Howie so much.

XOXOJLP

No comments: